Visitcounter for WordPress v2.0++ (english)
Visitcounter is a small WordPress 2++ plugin which counts the visits of your weblog on a daily base. There a several functions which can show different stats: all visits, currently online, daily visits… You can find an example of the different outputs here.
* fixed activation bug for WordPress 2.5
* added showPeak() function
* admin panel with detailed information about the visits
* number of days for showLastDays and showAverage must be set via define in visitcounter.php (default setting is 10)
* visitcounter only uses the db now (visitcounter.txt can be deleted)
* counting every day => daily stats possible
* new functions: showToday(), showYesterday(), showLastDates(days), showAverage(days)
* fixed a bug which does a wrong count
* changed the tableprefix
* added showOnline(); function.
How do I install the plugin?
You can find the install instructions in the visitcounter.php or here:
1. Just copy the “visitcounter.php” to your plugins directory (normally …/wordpress/wp-content/plugins).
2. Activate the Visitcounter on the plugins menu of your siteadmin.
3. Go to your Dashboard and enter the “Visitcounter Stats” menu to create the needed tables
4. Put this code (without the .) where ever you want the counter to be displayed:
Before you upgrade you should backup your database!
0.5 to 0.6x:
I didn’t try the upgrade function yet. The best would be, if you backup your database and when it doesn’t work, just edit the first entry and add the visits the old version counted.
0.4 to 0.5:
Normally you can upgrade with just overwriting the visitcounter.php. If your visits are lost after the update, take a look at the FAQ!
Q: I updated my 0.5 to 0.6 and now my visits are lost!
A: I hope you made an update of your count. You should now update the new table manually with your database management tool. Just edit the first entry and edit the value and add the visits the old version counted.
If you have any problems or questions, you can post here or send me an email to cart (at) kolix (dot) de.